Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shout Out

I have been traveling a lot lately and wanted to give a shout out to all of the teachers in East Aurora, Carpentersville and Deland who I have met in the past few weeks. I am always impressed with the educators that I meet and learn so much doing this job.

Today, a teacher at Krug (East Aurora) came up with a great solution to one of the hide/reveals that I often teach. If you have been in one of my sessions or familiar with hide/reveal it is the one where the name of the object is written on the object and revealed by the magnifying glass. This is a great hide reveal if the object is one color. In the past, I have shown that you can create a frame around the object and put the name of the object on top of the frame if the object has many colors. This wonderful teacher said, "can't we make the background a different color?" DUH - Yes, you can! Put as many objects on a page that you want and make the background a dark color (or keep it white if you want to use a black reveal object). Bring in your magnifying glass after placing your objects. Type the names of the objects underneath your objects in the same color as your background. The magnifying glass will now reveal the names of your objects. A huge thank you to this fellow educator for helping me find another easy way to help teachers find their way with SMART!

No comments:

Post a Comment